Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Ironic Wet Dream

So there I was drinking from my 30 pack of St Louis based beer going down on the First Lady.

I woke up from my nap, and realized that for me to have my own underdog story I first would have to lower myself. Sometimes as a white middle class male I feel I don't have much to fight for, except that ever present right to party. Oh I could fight racism, but it wouldn't really be my fight and I wouldn't really get it. I was somewhat exposed to the subtle racism of Minnesota. One time at thanksgiving my uncle made a comment during the football game that besides the quarterback, the kicker is really the only position "we" have any more. By we I hope he meant people smart enough to not get involved in physical altercations where harm and injury may occur. I may be considered a pussy, but I never got the idea of being harmed for a cause that had the possibility of death. This whole idea of nationalism is lost on me, and the phrase dying for your country seems a little counter-evolutionary. I thought the whole idea of life was to live eat and fuck. If I was born in a cave theoretically, and a huge animal was going to kill me unless I left the cave. I wouldn't say "bring it on you beast, I'll die for my cave" because where I live does not dictate what is important to me. I could die out in the cold but the I would be dying to live instead of dying trying to defeat something. If the United States was magically flooded 10 feet deep everywhere and Canada was somehow left high and dry, do you think all those people who would "die for thier country" would live on houseboats? I like how people try to identify thier allegiances, they talk about immigrants being loyal to the country or religious people saying they are christian or muslums first then American. I wonder if people were asked if they thought it was more important to be human or christian, what they would choose. Like if you told someone they could be a Christian Homo-Erectus or a athiest Homo-Sapien, what would they choose? I wonder if they would go for the less evolved believer. I mean I for one am human first and anything else is secondary. And the strongest instict I have known in my short life is sexual. I mean this isn't a suprise coming from a guy who wrote his state writing proficiency test about learning how procreation was the purpose in life. But I wonder if people realize that sex and self preservation are the strongest feelings at birth and the rest is mostly learned behavior.
I love the hypothetical questions about being born alone on a desert island. If you were born alone on a desert island would you on your own think of this "Thou shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor" as a rule to live by? I hope not, I hope language and ideas like that are learned. I would also argue that they would instinctualy have sexual relations with any other people who appeared on the island male female, chimp, you name it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?